Student Visa (X-visa) Student visas are generally issued to applicants who intend to study in China for more than 6 months.


  1. One completely filled out Visa Application Form for the P.R. China .No item should be empty or altered.
  2. One recently taken 2X2 in. photo showing entire face and without a hat on. Please affix the photo to the application form.
  3. Original passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of application.
  4. A visa application form for international students (JW-201 or 202) issued by the Ministry of Education of China, and notification of admission from enrolled school with the seal of the said ministry are required (together with their copies)
  5. A Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Q-2)filled out and signed by a doctor (together with their copies).
  6. An applicant born in China who is applying for a Chinese visa with his or her new foreign passport is required to submit his or her Chinese passport or copy of his last Chinese visa.
  7. A child of Chinese descent and born in a foreign country who applies for a Chinese visa for the first time is required to submit his or her Birth Certificate and foreign passport or foreign permanent resident permit (e.g. Green Card) of one of his or her parents.(together with their copies).
  8. Non-US passport bearers shall provide documents valid for at least 6 months that entitle them to reside or work for an extended period of time in the US.(together with their copies).
  9. Former Chinese visas ( if any, together with their copies).


  1. The Passport and Visa Office issues single entry X-visas and Multi-entry X-visas valid for 12 months for American nationals who intend to study in China for more than 6 months. The visa fees are different.
  2. Aliens holding X-visas shall, within 30 days of entry into China, obtain aliens' residence permission from the Public Security Bureau at the place of their residence. Otherwise, aliens may be fined, detained or even ordered to leave the country within a specific time period.

China Student visa fees for citizens of United States

Type of visa Maximum validity Processing time Embassy fee Service fee Total cost
Single Entry 365 days 5 business days $ 140.00 + $ 49.95 = $ 189.95
Single Entry 365 days 2 business days $ 160.00 + $ 74.95 = $ 234.95
Multiple Entry up to 180 days 5 business days $ 140.00 + $ 49.95 = $ 189.95
Multiple Entry up to 180 days 2 business days $ 160.00 + $ 74.95 = $ 234.95

Maximum stay in China : 365 days

Please, note that the processing time is calculated from the next business day following the receipt of your documents.

All Visa Processing is in business day(s), the shipping doesn’t count towards your Visa Processing time, please keep this in mind and plan accordingly.


In case you do not require passport expediting service or visa processing service, you can apply directly through the U.S. Department of State and avoid paying service fees, as well as directly through consulates of the countries you need visas for - see embassy and consulate list

Customer Support

Travel and Visa
285 Centennial Olympic Park Drive
Unit 1207
Atlanta, GA 30313