Apply for U.S. passport name change if:

  • You changed your legal name since the passport was issued.

  • Your passport was issued less than one year ago.
If your passport was issued more than one year ago please apply for U.S. passport renewal. If none of these apply, return to U.S. passport services guide.

Fill out the following documents to change the name on your passport

Name change (Amendment) order form
Complete our order form indicating turnaround time for passport name change (amendment) service

If your passport was issued less than 1 year ago: Form DS-5504
Fill out new passport application form online. Click on "Continue" under "Apply for a Passport Book" column, complete all required fields and print out the application. Do not sign the application form. The original form must be signed in front of the Acceptance Agent. To find the nearest Acceptance Agent, use U.S. Department of State Acceptance Agent Locator . The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode will be delayed.

Two (2) passport photos
Photos must be recent, identical, 2x2 inches, not from a vending machine. More on passport photo requirements.

Proof of the name change
A certified copy of either:
  • A marriage certificate/license, or
  • A name change court decree,or-Divorce Decree
  • Legal Records Showing Name Change: Fax or photocopies are not acceptable

Letter of Authorization
Download, print out, sign and date this Letter of Authorization.

Valid passport
Passport must have at least one year validity remaining. If your passport expires within a year please apply for.

Travel itinerary or one of the following:

  • Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country
  • Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information, or if neither is available and traveling for business
  • A letter from the employer.

For 24 hour passport service, travel dates must be within 14 days.

Certified Check or money order for $60 payable to the "U.S. Department of State"

Ship the documents to Travel and Visa office

Please include the following documents:

  1. Signed and dated Amendment Form (DS-5504) .
  2. Two passport size photos.
  3. Proof of the name change.
  4. Valid Passport
  5. Signed Letter of Authorization
  6. Travel itinerary (Rush Service only).
  7. Certified Check or Money Order for $60 to US Department of State

Mail to this address:
Travel and Visa
260 Peachtree Street NW
Suite 2200
Atlanta, GA 30303

For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx, UPS, or certified USPS Mail.


Travel and Visa is a non-government based Passport and Visa expediting service. We work directly with the U.S. Department of State Passport Agencies to expedite new Passport applications, Passport renewals, and amendments to valid Passports, such as applying for a name change or obtaining additional visa pages in your existing passport.

We work directly with all the different country Embassy’s, Consulates, and Visa Centers to expedite and obtain on your behalf the requested Visa.

If you don't require a Passport expediting service or don’t require Visa services, you may apply directly through the U.S. Department of State , and avoid paying additional service fees, same for all the different Visa countries, see per country the Embassy plus Consulates listed.

We offer reasonable and competitive prices to expedited and obtain the requested Visa on your behalf. Our regular Visa service rate starts from $49.95. However, you can go to the foreign consulate of the Visa country to apply for the Visa in person to avoid paying additional fees. Please see the specific Visa country page for country-specific embassy and consulate information. There you can find information on how to obtain the Visa on your own.

Our additional service fees include Visa specialists to help you with your application forms to avoid delays and the hassle of having to wait in line yourself. We are here to assist you in the easiest and quickest ways possible. Just contact us by phone or email, we handle that hassle for you, and we serve nationwide with just one mailing address to deal with!