You can apply for U.S. Passport Renewal if:
|None of the above? Return to U.S. passport services guide.|
Fill out the following documents for new U.S. Passport:
U.S. Passport Renewal Order Form
Complete our order form indicating turnaround time for new passport service.
U.S. passport renewal application DS-82 online
Fill out new passport application form online. Click on "Continue" under "Apply for a Passport Book" column, complete all required fields and print out the application. Do not sign the application form. The original form must be signed in front of the Acceptance Agent. To find the nearest Acceptance Agent, use U.S. Department of State Acceptance Agent Locator . The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode will be delayed.
Letter of Authorization
Download, print out, sign and date this letter of authorization. Important: Please enclose an additional copy of the Letter of Authorization outside of the envelope sealed by the Acceptance Agent.
Two (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
Old (most recent) undamaged passport
Make sure that your old passport:
- Was issued within the last 15 years.
- You were at least 16 years of age at the time.
- You have not legally changed your name since the issue date.
If you cannot comply with at least one of the above or your old passport is damaged you have to apply for a new passport.
NOTE: Your previous passport will be returned to you with your new passport.
Proof of Identity
- A valid driver's license issued more than 6 months ago, or
- Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity).
Note: If you changed your legal name you will need to provide a certified copy of either a marriage certificate or a name change court decree.
If applying for a Minor please read US passport requirements for minors.
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information, or if neither is available and traveling for business
- A letter from the employer.
For 24 hour passport service, travel dates must be within 14 days.
Certified Check or money order payable to the "U.S. Department of State" for $170 (adults - 16 years or older)
Passport fees have increased and go into effect on Tuesday, July 13, 2010.
Getting the Documents for New Passport Application AuthorizedPlease include the following documents:
- Signed and dated Application Form for passport renewal (DS-82)
- Expired Passport
- Two (2) Passport Photos
- Signed Letter of Authorization
- Travel itinerary (24 hour passport renewal service only)
- Certified Check or Money Order for $135 payable to the U.S. Department of State
Mail to this address:
Travel and Visa
925 B Peachtree Street # 344
Atlanta, GA 30309
For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx, UPS, or certified USPS Mail.