You need to replace your lost passport if:

  • Your new passport is still valid.
  • Your passport has been damaged, lost, or stolen.
If none of these apply, return to U.S. passport services guide.

Fill out the following documents to replace lost passport:

Lost Passport Order Form
Complete our order form indicating turnaround time for lost passport replacement.

  1. Two (2) Copies of Statementof Lost/Stolen Passport (#DS-64)
  2. Fax or photocopies are not acceptable.
  3. Complete this form only if your lost/stolen passport is valid.
  4. Complete by hand Print and complete


  1. Two (2) Copies of Personal Statement of Damaged Passport
  2. Fax or photocopies are not acceptable.
  3. Please write a detailed statement explaining why or how your current passport was damaged.
  4. Statement of lost/stolen passport - Form DS-64 - Complete this form only if your lost/stolen passport is still valid. Fill in as much of the passport information as you can. Answer all the questions in detail.

New U.S. passport application DS-11 online
Fill out new passport application form online . Click on "Continue" under "Apply for a Passport Book" column, complete all steps and print out the application. Do not sign the application form. The original form must be signed in front of the Acceptance Agent. To find the nearest Acceptance Agent, use U.S. Department of State Acceptance Agent Locator . The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode  will be delayed.

Letter of Authorization
Download, print out, sign and date this Letter of Authorization. Important: Please enclose an additional copy of the Letter of Authorization outside of the envelope sealed by the Acceptance Agent.

Two (2) Passport Photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine. More on passport photo requirements.

Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Original Birth Certificate (if born in the United States)
Note: All originals will be returned to you with newly issued passport.

Proof of Identity
Current, valid Driver's license issued more than 6 months ago.  

Travel itinerary

  1. Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
  2. Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information, or if neither is available and traveling for business
  3. A letter from the employer.
For 24 hour passport service, travel dates must be within 14 days.

Certified Check or Money Order for $135 to "U.S. Department of State"

Get the Lost Passport Documents Authorized

Locate the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility

Authorization procedure.
The Acceptance Agent has to:

  1. Witness the signing of application for new passport;
  2. Collect a $25 execution fee;
  3. Check applicant's ID;
  4. Verify the documents and seal them into an envelope.

The items that should be handed to the Agent and sealed are:

  1. Filled out application form DS-11 signed in front of the agent.
  2. Original proof of the United States citizenship.
  3. Two passport photos.
  4. Evidence of urgent travel (24 hour passport service only).
  5. Certified check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount.
  6. The Letter of Authorization.

The Acceptance Agent should write the applicant's name, departure date, and date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If two or more applications are sealed in the same envelope please make sure that the information about both applicants is written on the envelope.

All minors must appear in person.

You must inform the Agent that you are using a passport agency to expedite the processing and that the sealed documents will be hand-delivered to the Department of State. This Department of State policy is called "Hand Carrying of Executed Applications". The policy is detailed on pages 31 and 44 of the Acceptance Agent Manual.

The acceptance agent will return sealed envelope to you. Do not open the envelope. Mail in sealed envelope along with remaining paperwork to Travel and Visa for the processing of your new passport.

Ship the documents to Travel and Visa office:

Please include the following documents:

  1. The envelope sealed by the Acceptance Agent
  2. Form DS-64 (if not sealed by the Agent)

Mail to this address:
Travel and Visa
260 Peachtree Street NW
Suite 2200
Atlanta, GA 30303

For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx, UPS, or certified USPS Mail.


Travel and Visa is a non-government based Passport and Visa expediting service. We work directly with the U.S. Department of State Passport Agencies to expedite new Passport applications, Passport renewals, and amendments to valid Passports, such as applying for a name change or obtaining additional visa pages in your existing passport.

We work directly with all the different country Embassy’s, Consulates, and Visa Centers to expedite and obtain on your behalf the requested Visa.

If you don't require a Passport expediting service or don’t require Visa services, you may apply directly through the U.S. Department of State , and avoid paying additional service fees, same for all the different Visa countries, see per country the Embassy plus Consulates listed.

We offer reasonable and competitive prices to expedited and obtain the requested Visa on your behalf. Our regular Visa service rate starts from $49.95. However, you can go to the foreign consulate of the Visa country to apply for the Visa in person to avoid paying additional fees. Please see the specific Visa country page for country-specific embassy and consulate information. There you can find information on how to obtain the Visa on your own.

Our additional service fees include Visa specialists to help you with your application forms to avoid delays and the hassle of having to wait in line yourself. We are here to assist you in the easiest and quickest ways possible. Just contact us by phone or email, we handle that hassle for you, and we serve nationwide with just one mailing address to deal with!