Business Visa: The business visa is issued for various reasons such as making feasibility studies, establishing professional and business contacts, and making arrangements for investments. The validity of the visa can vary from one month to twelve months. The fees for the visa are determined administratively, so it is advised that prospective investors consult the appropriate authorities before making application for visas.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO OBSERVE AND COMPLY WITH ALL VISA REGULATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
VISA REGULATIONS AND NOTICES:
The duration to remain in the country is determined by the immigration officer at the port of entry.
All visas are valid from the date of issuance. In the event a visa expires before it is utilized, the applicant will have to re-apply for a new one.
- A complete visa application form.
- Valid Passport (At least 6 months before expiration).
- Two passport size photograph recently taken.
- Visas will not be processed without a valid driver's license
- Provide proof of travel plans (e.g. FLIGHT ITENERARY, TICKET, TOUR OPERATOR PACKAGE RECEIPTS) to and from Tanzania.
- Parental Approval for minors: Visa applications for minors under 18 years, should be accompanied with a notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.
Business or Professional engagement visa applications MUST be supported by a letter of invitation from a Tanzanian counterpart or letter of intent for the same by the sending institution.
Visas for research and journalism will only be granted after the applicant has been cleared by The Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO) respectively
P.O. BOX 4302, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: 255-22-27O.0750/ 270.0745
FAX: NO. 255-22-275313
P.O. BOX 9142, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL:255-22-211-0585/ 212.2771/ 211.2860,
No Visa is required for nationals of the following countries:
Referred Visas are required for nationals of the following countries:
|Uzbekistan||Kazakhstan||Kyrgyzten||Sri Lanka||Refugees and Stateless individuals|
IT IS EMPHASIZED THAT NATIONALS AND PERSONS OF THE MENTIONED COUNTRIES AND/OR CATEGORIES ABOVE MAY NOT BE ALLOWED ENTRY INTO TANZANIA WITHOUT BEING IN POSSESSION OF REFERRED VISAS. See "Types of Visa" above for more information about referred visas
Vaccination against cholera and malaria is recommended.
- Yellow fever vaccination is required for ALL persons from yellow fever endemic countries/regions.
- All individuals in transit for 12 hours or more and/or who leave the immediate airport vicinity in a yellow fever endemic area are required to get vaccinated.
- All individuals from yellow fever endemic regions traveling by way of air, marine and land are required to get vaccinated.
Pet licenses/ certificates are required when traveling with pets to Tanzania.
Tourists/ Visitors may also obtain visas upon arrival at any entry point in Tanzania, but it is HIGHLY recommended that you secure a visa before traveling to Tanzania. Visas can be obtained from any Tanzanian embassy abroad.
Tanzania Business visa fees for citizens of United States
|Type of visa||Maximum validity||Processing time||Embassy fee||Service fee||Total cost|
|Single Entry||up to 180 days||4 business days||$ 120.00||+ $ 44.95||= $ 164.95|
|Multiple Entry||up to 90 days||4 business days||$ 120.00||+ $ 44.95||= $ 164.95|
Maximum stay in Tanzania : 90 days
Please, note that the processing time is calculated from the next business day following the receipt of your documents.
All Visa Processing is in business day(s), the shipping doesn’t count towards your Visa Processing time, please keep this in mind and plan accordingly.